Travel & Accommodations
Please DO NOT book any flights prior to receiving the approval letter emailed to you by the registration team and reading the transportation details below.
Please read both the written instructions and the infographics. Direct any questions you may have after reading this page to: email@example.com
- The North America College Training (NACT) will be held at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), which is ~140 miles (~3 hours) from Chicago airports.
- Transportation is not included in your registration fee.
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you travel (either ground or air) in GROUPS.
Registration at UIUC is between 12-6PM (12:00-18:00 CDT) on July 14th. As much as possible, please plan to arrive during this time.
By Private Car or Van:
If you choose to drive (groups recommended), please make your own arrangements.
- The nearest airport to UIUC is the University of Illinois Willard Airport (CMI). You can use Uber or Lyft from CMI to UIUC (~15 min ride).
- The two nearest major airports are in Chicago: O'Hare (ORD) and Midway (MDW). It takes ~3 hours on ground transportation from ORD or MDW to UIUC. Please see options below for ground transportation. Give yourself an hour from your flight arrival to your ground transportation boarding time to collect luggage, find shuttle center, and/or purchase food.
By NACT Shuttle from/to Chicago airports:
- NACT shuttle tickets are available for purchase under “Travel and Accommodations” on your application for $10 each. They MUST be purchased in advance and cannot be purchased on site on the day of arrival.
- You may only purchase your shuttle ticket after you have been approved and received an email from the registration team instructing you to make your travel arrangements.
- Shuttle service is only available from/to ORD and MDW airports. Please arrive at shuttle center 30 minutes before your NACT shuttle departure time to check-in.
- On July 14th: Shuttles depart between 9AM - 4PM from ORD and 10AM - 4PM from MDW. Please note: the 4PM shuttle will arrive late to UIUC.
From O'Hare (ORD) to Champaign
From Midway (MDW) to Champaign
- On July 20th: Shuttles depart at 2PM from UIUC to ORD and MDW. Do not book flights departing until after 7PM.
- On July 21st: Shuttles depart at 9AM from UIUC to ORD and MDW. Do not book flights departing until after 2PM.
By Public Transportation:
Outside of the NACT shuttle hours, you may take either the bus or the train.
- Bus options are: Peoria Charter to/from ORD or MDW, and Illini Shuttle to/from ORD. Please use the “Armory” drop-off when booking.
- Use Uber/Lyft or walk to/from your NACT dorm (~10 mins).
- The only train option is the Amtrak to/from the “Champaign” station.
- Use Uber/Lyft to/from your NACT dorm (~15 mins).
- Please refer to the infographics for bus/train directions from the airports.
Travelers from INSIDE the USA and Canada only
- No hospitality provisions are made or included in your registration fee outside the training dates (July 14-20).
- The churches in Metro Chicago and the UIUC area are not able to provide hospitality before or after the NACT for those who are from the USA or Canada. They will give priority to those flying in from other countries. Please respect this arrangement as you make your travel plans.
- In the event that you cannot obtain a flight leaving after 7PM on July 20th, you can purchase an extra night’s stay at UIUC and a seat on the July 21 shuttle by going to “Travel and Accommodations” on your application. The cost for an extra night and meals is $35 for trainees from the USA and Canada. The cost for NACT shuttle tickets are $10 each way.
Travelers from OUTSIDE USA and Canada only
Before the training:
- Option 1: You may plan to arrive a day early to the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) on Saturday, July 13. If you choose this option please return to your application and select early arrival product option. You will be staying in the dorms and meals will be provided. We are waiving the cost of this option for you. HOWEVER, you must select and order this option in the registration application under “Travel and Accommodations” to reserve a spot.
- Note: NACT shuttles from O’Hare/Midway, Chicago will not begin transport until Lord’s Day, July 14. Therefore you must make your own travel arrangements to UIUC on Saturday, July 13. You can make your own arrangements for transportation with Peoria Charter (~$35) from O'Hare or Midway to UIUC. Get off at the Armory stop at UIUC.
- Option 2: You may plan to arrive as early as Thursday, July 11 or Friday, July 12 to Chicago. The localities in the Chicago metro area are accepting requests for hospitality on these dates. If you choose this option please return to your application under “Travel and Accommodations” and indicate that you would like hospitality and select all the dates you will need hospitality. You must also fill in your flight information in order to request a spot.
- Note: For this option, airport pickup is NOT arranged to bring you to your hospitality. Depending on your time of arrival you will need to make your own arrangements to arrive at hospitality. Uber/Lyft or taking the bus/train would be convenient options to use. See this website about public transportation in Chicago https://www.transitchicago.com/. You will have all the required information about your hospitality sent to you via email before your arrival. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.
After the training:
Option 1: If your flight leaves on Lord’s Day, July 21, a very convenient option is to stay the night of Saturday, July 20 in the UIUC dorms. If you choose this option, please select and order this option in your application under “Travel and Accommodations”. Again, the cost of this option is waived for international students. However, even though the cost is $0, you must purchase the $0 stay in the registration system in order to actually secure your spot and meals.
Option 2: You may plan to book your departing flight anytime July 21-23 from Chicago. The localities in the Chicago metro area are accepting hospitality requests on July 20-22. If you choose this option please return to your application under “Travel and Accommodations” and indicate that you will need hospitality and select the dates on which you will need hospitality. You must also fill in your departure flight information to request a spot.
- Note: You will need to coordinate with your hospitality and make your own travel arrangements to the hospitality from the Chicago airports. NACT shuttles only drop off at O’Hare (ORD) and Midway (MDW) airports. Please email email@example.com for additional questions.